A remote is an important part of any tv. If it doesn’t work, the tv would not be so easy to use either. You’ll have to go near the TV to change the channels by tapping on the buttons. These days, there are some special types of Remotes called Spectrum remotes. Like you hear about Amazon Firestick.
Spectrum remotes are quite popular remotes you can ever find in the world. Why? It’s because of the programmable keys they’re equipped with. These keys can be used on many devices like Xbox and gaming consoles.
However, a number of Spectrum users have complained that their Spectrum remote is not working. If you’re one of such folks, don’t fret, as I had to go through the same situation some time ago. But then I had to do research about it to find the solution to solve this annoying issue.
And guess what, I came up with a number of easy solutions that anyone can apply. Be sure to go through this post entirely to learn better.
Without lecturing more, let’s make our way to the topic.
Causes Of The Spectrum Not Working
Before you get to the solutions, it’s cardinal for you to know what causes this annoying issue.
1) The Spectrum Remote Is Damaged
This is the most common cause yet the most overlooked one as well. Folks don’t even recognize that their remote has been damaged. Instead, they head over to google and start applying the different methods.
If you have been dropping the remote constantly, then the chances are that the remote has been damaged. So, check your remote first and then decide whether or not you should apply other methods.
2) The Remote Is Not Set Up Accurately
Since the spectrum remotes are the latest edition, there are a number of different features in them that not everyone may be aware of.
If you’re the kind of person who likes exploring the settings and then making changes to them without having the knowledge, then the chances are you’ve set any setting incorrectly because the remote is not working.
Especially when you get into some of the modes that allow you to use different displays, these modes are quite important; if you incorrectly set them, then this issue may occur.
3) The Remote’s Battery Is Low
How long have you been since you didn’t change the battery of your remote? If it has been several months, this might be the case that is compelling this problem.
When the batteries of the remote are low, obviously, it won’t work. So, ensure to change the batteries and then try to use the remote again.
4) The Signal Transmitted is Broken
A signal transmitter is known as Antenna in common words. Once it’s broken, the remote won’t work. So, ensure to check the Antenna too; if you find any physical damage to it, consider changing it right away and then try to use the remote again. Hopefully, this will fix the issue.
5) The Cable Box Is Faulty
The last thing that may be causing this issue in your spectrum remote is that the Cable box is faulty. When the Cable box doesn’t work properly, the remote starts having these sorts of issues. So, be sure to have a look at the cable box as well.
Now, you’re aware of all the likely reasons that cause this issue. So, what’s the solution?
Solutions Of Solving The Spectrum Remote Not Working
Fortunately, there are many fixes to this issue which I’m going to mention profoundly. Go through each of them and see which fixes the issue for you. Apply them one at a time until your problem gets solved.
1) Change the Battery of Your Remote
As stated above, when you’ve been using the remote for a while but without changing the batteries.
Then the probabilities are that your remote’s battery is low. And there is no difficulty to get; when the batteries are low, the remote will stop working.
So, change the batteries with a new one, and then try giving it a shot again. It may make you free of this issue. The method is easy, but still, I’m going to tell you this step by step so you can do it better.
- Open the back of your remote and get the batteries out of it.
- Remove the tv and cable box from the wall
- Wait for a minute. And then, plug all the things back and put the new batteries into the remote.
- After that, try to use the remote and see it’s having the same issue.
2) Press All The Buttons On Your Remote
It usually happens to the remote’s key that they get stuck, having been used for a long time without getting cleaned.
The dust gets into the keys and keeps them from working. Since the keys are programmable, if any of them gets stuck then it can stop the entire remote from working.
So, press all the buttons of your remote hard individually. If you feel that there is any key that is not so easy to press, the chances are that’s the key that is having the issue. You can try to clean it and get the dust out of it.
What if your remote is new? If your remote is new, even then this method may work for you. Because the remote might get the dust into it from the shop as well.
3) Perform the Power Cycle Of The Whole System
Usually, the remote stops working when there is any glitch or any bug in it. However, not every time is the same situation.
Sometimes, the whole system has a fault that can only be fixed Just by performing the power cycle to the whole system. Follow the methods cited below to Power the cycle of the whole remote system.
- First of all, switch off all the devices that are connected to the system using the power button of your remote.
- Remove the cables of power from the device you’re utilizing
- And then, tap and hold the power button of your remote for some seconds. Now, remove all the batteries of the spectrum remote and wait for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- After that, tap and hold the hit power button of the remote when the batteries are not in the remote.
- Don’t be hurry because the process will take some time.
- Once the process is done, put the battery back into the remote and switch on the whole setup.
And you’ve done power cycling the entire system. Try to use the remote again to see whether the issue is resolved or not.
4) Enable the Option Of Your Tv
As stated earlier, the spectrum remote is equipped with a lot of advanced modes, one of which is to enable your tv so that it can get controlled by the remote. This mode is usually used to control multiple devices using the spectrum remote.
So, if you’ve forgotten to enable this mode for your tv, this may be the thing that keeps your remote working. However, you’ll have control of your Cable box, but not the tv.
- Click on the control menu button of your remote, and operating the arrow keys, flip over to the option of Settings and Support.
- Hit Enter or Ok
- And then, go to the Remote control using the arrow keys
- Select the option of Connect the remote to the TV, and then click the option Connect to TV
- Now, a list of all the brands of the TVs will appear on the screen; select the name of your tv from them. And click on Ok to make the connection between your tv and the spectrum remote. At times, the name of your tv doesn’t show up in the list. So, you can click on the View all option, and then you’ll surely find your tv’s name there. Click on it and then hit ok.
5) Reset The Spectrum Remote
Resting has always been one of the best techniques to get rid of all the vulnerabilities of any device. If the issue is with the software of the remote, it should be fixed by resetting the spectrum remote.
But remember, having done the reset of the remote, you’ll have to set it up again. So, be rustled up for that.
- Press and hold the button of the TV on the spectrum remote, and when you’re holding the button, press the ok button For a second. And then, release both of the buttons at once. The AUX, TV, and DVD buttons flash while the TV button illuminates and remains so.
- After that, press and hold the key of Delete for around 3 Seconds. Then, the Tv Button will blink and then get off. It means that the spectrum remote has been tested successfully.
But the work is not done yet. As cited above, you’ll have to set it up again after resetting the spectrum Remote. The steps are too simple. Just follow them carefully.
- Start off by removing the RF21R converter from your top box.
- , press and hold the Button of Find, and insert the RF21R converter at the same time back into the set-top box.
- Now, release the button Find.
- Bring your controller near the set-top box and press any key on your remote to match it with the RF21R converter.
- Once the devices are paired successfully, Tap Find on the converter.
Now you’re done, I hope this will fix the issue.
6) Switch Between Cable And TV
At times, the controls of the tv get automatically converted to the cable instead of the tv, which makes it quite perplexing to understand. So, how can you switch between Cable and tv? The process is too simple; just follow the methods that are noted below.
- Press the CBl button and hold it while additionally squeezing and holding the OK/SEL button in the center.
- On releasing them both, the CBL button illuminates.
- And then, once tap the volume down button.
- That is the point at which the enlightened CBL button begins to streak. However, that is only a piece of the cycle, so you can now continue on by tapping on the TV button.
This will guarantee that activities like changing volume or stations will remain strictly to only the TV controls and not cable.
7) Lack of Signals
This is the most common problem because of which the spectrum remote stops working. When the signals are not able to reach your system, then the remote stops working. It usually happens when the tv is placed in a place where your remote can hardly detect the signals.
Like, when the tv is in between a lot of furniture, and you sit quite away from it, then the remote stops working as the signals are not reaching it.
So, please check if the tv is kept in the wrong place where too many things are around it which may stop your remote from getting the signals.
If so, then consider changing the place to the one where your remote can easily detect signals. I’m sure this will assist you to be free from this issue.
8) Contact Support
I’ve mentioned all of the possible ways to fix this issue; if none of them works, then the only option left is to contact the Spectrum support team for help. They’re the only ones who’ll get you out of it.
Because, if the above-mentioned methods are not working, it means there is a big problem. Because it was any hardware or a place-related issue then it would have been fixed by now.
Luckily, Spectrum provides great customer service that replies to you in no time. You can chat with the operator, or if you’re in a hurry, then you can call them too, whenever you want.
An issue like yours is quite common in these remotes. Therefore, the Spectrum remote support will surely have its fix. So, do it, and I’m 100% sure, that now your problem will get fixed.
That’s it for today guys, If you have any confusion, put them down and I’ll clear them.