How do you stream your phone content to your TV without a Wi-Fi connection? It may seem like a magical power reserved for tech-savvy individuals, but the truth is that anyone can easily mirror a phone to a TV without Wi-Fi.
Connecting your phone to your tv would be a great idea. But how will you connect your phone to your tv without a wifi connection? Would you need any external device for connecting your phone to the tv?
You may have these sorts of questions in your mind. But is it really possible to mirror a phone to tv without wifi? Yes, it is possible.
In this article, I’ll tell you how to mirror a phone without wifi. I’ll teach you everything step by step. Ensure to go through the article completely, so you can learn things better.
Without talking more, let’s flip over to the topic.
What Is Screen Mirroring
Screen mirroring, also known as screen casting, is a technology that allows you to project content from one device to another. It can use to cast audio, video content, or an entire computer screen to other devices such as plasma TVs, large monitors, and even smartphones. By mirroring your device’s display, you can watch movies on a big-screen TV, present documents in a business meeting, or share photos with family and friends.
Screen mirroring requires both the sending and receiving devices to be compatible and connected via WiFi. With today’s innovation and convenience of screen mirroring technology, sharing media between computers, phones and televisions have always been challenging.
Methods For How To Mirror Phone To Tv Without Wifi
There are many methods to mirror your phone to your tv without having a connection to wifi. I’m going to mention all of them step by step. Ensure to follow the steps carefully so you can get entertained by your favorite show on a big screen.
1 - Built-in Screen Mirroring Feature Of Your Tv
Unless you’re not using a 1990s TV, then you’re most likely to be having Miracast on your Tv. Miracast is a feature. Built-in all the latest TVs that allow you to screen mirror your tv with other devices, most probably your phone.
This is a great way to screen mirror your phone to your tv when you don’t have a wifi connection. it doesn’t require any external cable but a Bluetooth connection with your phone.
But, remember, your phone needs to be compatible with using the Miracast feature, or else the feature won’t work. To check the compatibility of whether or not your tv is compatible with being connected to your phone, you have to go to the user manual of your tv, and you’ll get all the details from there.
- Head over to the setting in your android and turn on the Bluetooth.
- And, then open the menu of the tv you want to get a screen mirror with your phone.
- Look for either the Screen mirroring option or the Bluetooth option. Once found, turn it on.
- Your tv should now start discovering the nearby devices. Wait until it’s done. You’ll see your phone’s name on the Screen Mirroring list of the tv.
- If you’re doing it for the first time, then your phone may ask you to put the passcode. So, just do that.
- Tick on the terms and conditions to agree, and then follow all the instructions mentioned on your screen.
- Now, your phone’s content should be displayed on your Tv.
- When you’re done watching you can simply turn off the Bluetooth and the screen mirroring will stop.
2- Use an HDMI Cable.
The second method for screen mirroring your phone to tv is using an external HDMI cable.
This is a wired method of screen mirroring in this process; you’ll need an HDMI cable, a USB cable, and an MHL adapter. But, Before you try to do the process, make sure your tv is compatible with MHL and HDMI.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to Screen mirror your phone with your TV
- Embed one side of the HDMI cable to your Tv’s HDMI port, and Connect one side of the USB cable to the opposite end of the HDMI cable
- And then, put one side of the MHL adapter on your phone.
- After that, connect the opposite finish of the USB cable to that of the MHL and change the source to HDMI input.
And you’re done. if you’ve followed the steps mentioned, you should now be watching the content of your phone on the tv.
3- Bluetooth Dongle
A lot of people use old-school TVs that don’t support Bluetooth conditions and Miracast. Then, how will you screen mirror your phone to your tv without a Bluetooth connection?
Luckily, there is an external device called a Bluetooth dongle that you can use to connect your phone to your tv. You can buy it from Amazon at an affordable price. This device is plugged into the port of your tv and transfers the signals from it to your phone.
- Plug the Bluetooth dongle device into the USB port of your tv
- And then, turn on your phone’s Bluetooth.
- The name of your tv will appear on the pair list of your phone; just pair it. And your phone will start mirroring on your Tv.
4- Use Chromecast
When it comes to using a device to screen the phone with a TV, the Chromecast device can’t be forgotten. It’s another device used to show the content of your phone on your tv without any wifi connection. However, if you do have wifi then you can also use it with it. But, I’m going to tell you to use it without wifi.
- Switch on your tv and plug the Chromecast into its USB port.
- Head over to the play store of your android, and download “Google Home.”
- Install this app, and it will tell you how you can make a connection between your tv and your phone.
- This method enables you to mirror your phone fully with your TV without having a wifi connection.
5- Screen Beam Mini2
If you want to screen mirror a specific app, such as YouTube or Netflix, it is the way to go. However, it won’t show the full content of your phone on your tv, but the app or program you’ve selected to screen the mirror.
6- Screen Casting
If you just want to screen mirror a specific app, like YouTube or Netflix; then this is your way to go. However, it won’t show the full content of your android phone on your tv without wifi, but the app or program that you’ve selected to screen the mirror.
- Install the app you want to mirror on your tv and your android phone.
- Look for the code of your tv and put it into the phone.
- And then, play any video and click on the ‘Cast’ option shown on the Screen. Now, your video will display on your tv. You can do this with any app you want. The process will be the same.
If you follow the above mentioned steps carefully, you’ll be able to mirror a Phone To a Tv Without WiFi and watch your favorite shows easily on a big screen.
There are many options to mirror your phone, but the ones I mentioned in this article are the easiest.
There is no doubt left in your mind about a screen mirroring your phone without a WiFi connection. But, still, if you need any help, tell me in the comments, and I’ll be there to help you.